Hålogaland Teater in Norway is looking for a Chief lx
Interested in living and working in the Arctic? In Tromsø you can experience two months of midnight sun in the summer and two months of polar nights in the winter. Apart from being one of the best places in the world to see the northern lights, Tromsø also offers a unique combination of urban life, a rich cultural calendar and wilderness.
Hålogaland Teater is Norway’s regional theatre for the Arctic region and is housed in a modern theatre building in Tromsø. The theatre has around 70 FTEs.
Hålogaland Teater is looking for a Chief lx
The Chief lx is part of the theatre’s Lighting and Sound Department. This department has a staff of eight and reports to the Head of the Lighting and Sound Department.
The Chief lx`s tasks and responsibilities include:
- Planning, facilitating and following up on productions
- Following up on workshops associated with scheduled productions
- Responsibility for production aspects related to lighting engineering
- Budget responsibility for productions
- Collaborating with lighting designer
- Regular lighting work during rehearsals and performances
- Supervisory responsibility for lighting technicians
- Daily running and maintenance of lighting department in collaboration with the other gaffers
The ideal candidate:
- Has an education in or experience with lighting-related work
- Has good written and verbal communication skills in Norwegian
- Has good computer skills Has experience with CAD drawing software is preferred. We use Vectorworks and SketchUp
- Is able to work independently
- Is willing and able to work in a multidisciplinary manner
- Is solution-oriented, organised, service-minded and contributes to high quality
- A high work capacity
- A Class B driving license
- A positive and good working environment
- A good professional environment with a broad range of expertise
- Interesting and varied tasks in the largest cultural institution in Northern Norway
- A career situation with the opportunity for autonomy and personal initiative
- Modern stages and state-of-the-art technical equipment
- Good workshop facilities
- Salary according to a salary scale
Application deadline: February 14th.
For more information on the details of this position, please contact:
Production Manager Jon H Paulsen at +47 975 21 426, email@example.com,
or Departmental Manager Erlend Østrem Nielsen at +47 957 75 585, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application can be submitted to Head of HR, Sturla Bertheussen by email, email@example.com