March 27, 2019
Candidate Slate of OISTAT Lighting Design Sub-Commission Chair
Election for OISTAT Lighting Design sub-commission Chair will take place during the 2019 OISTAT Lighting Design sub-commission meeting on June 14, 2019 at Studio ALTA during Prague Quadrennial in Prague, Czech Republic.
Time: 16:00-18:00, June 14, 2019
Location: Rehearsal Room H31, Studio ALTA
The Headquarters has received one nomination: Mr. Dinesh Yadav (India) from SBTD. We would like to take this opportunity to introduce our candidate below.
On July 3rd, 2017, the Statutes of OISTAT was ratified at OISTAT World Congress that sub-commissions are officially introduced to the structure of OISTAT working commissions. Guidelines for election of Chairs of sub-commissions can be found in OISTAT Statutes-Appendix 2:
RULES FOR THE ELECTION OF THE PRESIDENT, THE MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE, THE CHAIRS OF COMMISSIONS AND SUB-COMMISSIONS.
A general schedule for elections which ensures continuity and complies with the Statutes shall be made by the Executive Committee.
D. THE CHAIRS OF SUB-COMMISSIONS
1. All members of OISTAT Centres, Individual Members and delegates of Associate Members are eligible to be elected as Chair of a Sub-Commission.
2. At least six months before a Sub-Commission meeting takes place at which a Chair is to be elected, the EC will ask the OISTAT Centres, Individual Members, Associate Members and other active members of the Sub-Commission to nominate candidates for the post of Chair of the Sub-Commission in question.
3. The OISTAT Centres, Individual Members, Associate Members and other active members of the Sub-Commission should send names and addresses of possible candidates to the EC within two months.
4. The EC can appoint one or more persons who will contact the persons in question for further information.
5. This list will be made public at least two months before the Commission meeting at which the election is to take place.
6. All active members of the Sub-Commission, who are in any way a member of OISTAT, and attending that Sub-Commission meeting will be entitled to vote.
7. Every active member of the Sub-Commission, who is in any way member of OISTAT, has a full vote.
8. The election takes place by secret ballot.
9. The candidate who has the highest number of votes cast, if these are more than half of the votes cast, will become Chair.
10. If such a result is not obtained during the first election, then a second election will be held between the two candidates with the highest number of votes. If two candidates have equally received the second highest number of votes, then an election shall first be held between these two candidates.
11. After the Chair has been elected, one or more Vice-Chairs will be chosen.
12. Should the Chair resign or otherwise leave office during his/her term of office, the Vice-Chair will hold office until the next scheduled meeting.
If new Statutes might come to effect as a result of voting at the Small Congress, these elections will nevertheless be carried out under the current Statutes, as the procedure for the elections has already been set to motion according to the rules currently in force.
Thank you for your support of OISTAT. We look forward to seeing you at OISTAT Lighting Design meeting this year!
Nominated by: SBTD Letter
International Organisation of Scenographers, Theatre Architects and Technicians
Organisation Internationale des Scenografes, Techniciens et Architectes de Theatre
Suite L, Center for Innovation Taipei (CIT), No.1, Yumen St., Taipei 10452, Taiwan
Tel: +886 2 25962294 Fax: +886 2 25981647
Web: www.oistat.org Email: email@example.com
Bron: OISTAT Headquarters