[Reminder] OISTAT Call for Candidates of President and Executive Committee Members: Nomination ends October 15, 2016
September 12, 2016
Call for Candidates of President and Executive Committee Members
The call for nominations is now open for the positions of President and Executive Committee members for the period 2017-2021. Nomination deadline is October 15, 2016. OISTAT Centres and Individual Members are entitled to nominate candidates. In conjunction with World Stage Design 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan, the election will take place at the next OISTAT World Congress tentatively scheduled for July 3-4, 2017 where OISTAT Centre voting delegates and Individual Members will elect one President and seven Executive Committee members to lead OISTAT for a four-year term 2017-2021.
Nomination from OISTAT Centres must include:
Nomination from Individual Members must include:
Please note that the candidate needs to be financially able to attend two international meetings each year.
This call for candidates is according to the current Statutes. Before the elections on the Congress, a proposal for Statutes change will be voted on. If new Statutes are accepted, voting eligibility might change since in that case the elections will be under the new Statutes.
Please send the nomination documents for the President and/or Executive Committee members to the Headquarters no later than October 15, 2016 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Incomplete nomination document will NOT be taken into consideration.
Please find the current OISTAT Statutes regarding rules for the election below.
A. THE PRESIDENT
1. At least one year before a Congress, the Executive Committee shall request all the OISTAT Centres and Individual Members, in writing, to nominate candidates for the post of President.
2. Within three months of the invitation any OISTAT Centres wishing to nominate should send their candidates' names to the EC, together with any further information requested by the EC. OISTAT centers have the right to nominate candidates who are not members of their own organization.
3. The EC will appoint one or more persons who will personally contact each candidate and establish:
* what languages the candidate speaks.
* whether the candidature is fully supported by an OISTAT Centre.
* whether the candidate has sufficient time to work for OISTAT,
* how the candidate views OISTAT, its policies and its future.
4. Having interviewed the candidates, the EC will make the list public within eight months from the date when the invitation to propose candidates was sent.
5. After the names of the candidates have been made public, they shall be entitled to attend meetings of the EC until the next Congress. They shall have access to the same information as the members of the EC, and be subject to the same conditions as the members of the EC.
6. During the Congress, each of the candidates will be given the opportunity to address Congress for up to 15 minutes in order to explain what views he/she has on the function of the President and on the future of OISTAT.
7. Voting for the President is by secret ballot.
B. THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
1. OISTAT Centres and Individual Members are allowed to propose a candidate to be elected to the EC, except that candidate members and Individual Members who have less than two years of paid membership cannot be elected.
2. When a person has been nominated for the EC, that person or his or her OISTAT Centre must notify the OISTAT Headquarters of their willingness to support the travel required should the nominee be elected. OISTAT Centres should note that the working language of the EC is English.
3. No person may be on the EC for longer than three terms of four years. The person may also be President for up to two subsequent terms of four years each.
Download complete OISTAT Statutes here.
Shall there be any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Headquarters.
International Organisation of Scenographers, Theatre Architects and Technicians
Organisation Internationale des Scenografes, Techniciens et Architectes de Theatre
Suite A, 2F, No.7, Sec. 2, Renai Rd., Taipei 10055, Taiwan
Tel: +886-2-77260088 Fax: +886-2-77260808
Web: www.oistat.org Email: email@example.com